Car Parking, Directions and Maps – Luton and Dunstable University Hospital
Patients and visitors should be aware that parking is extremely restricted. We strongly encourage you to consider using public transport or being dropped off at the hospital instead. If you are arriving by car, please allow any extra 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Drop off points:
There are two main drop off points for patients at the main entrance of the hospital and St Mary’s car park. Enter the car park and take a ticket at the barrier as normal. You have up to 15 minutes free to exit the car park.
Please note St Mary’s car park is only accessible from Dunstable Road (the dual carriageway).
There are three main patient and visitor car parks, one small patient only car park and one disabled car park.
- St Mary’s Car Park (patient and visitors) – This car park is for disabled parking, SSSU drop off and Maternity drop off only. We encourage you to be dropped off at the hospital or use Calnwood Road Car Park.
- Lewsey Road Car Park (patient and visitors) – please note this car park is currently closed until the end of January 2021. Please follow the signs for relocated spaces in Calnwood Road.
- Calnwood Road Car Park (patient and visitors)
- Breast Screening Car Park (patients only – this is located directly outside the building on Lewsey Road and not the multistory staff car park – there are only a handful of spaces available)
- Car Park Charges:
The St Mary’s, Lewsey and On-site Disabled car park are all Pay on Foot (POF).
Drivers need to take a ticket on entry, then before leaving the car park pay at one of the Pay Stations (located by outside the main entrance and disabled car park). Then place your validated ticket into the machine when you drive to the exit barrier. POF stations accept coins, notes (change given) and debit/credit card payments.
Calnwood Road and Breast Screening car parks are Pay and Display (P&D).
Drivers need to pay the relevant fee at the Pay Station (located within the car parks) and display the ticket clearly in their windscreens. Please be aware that the P&D pay stations do not take bank notes and you will need to have change or debit/card available to pay for your parking. Payments by text are also accepted.
The current charges for car parking at the hospital are:
|Drop off and up to 10 minutes||Free|
|Up to 30 minutes||£1|
|Up to 2 hours||£3|
|Up to 3 hours||£4|
|Up to 5 hours||£6|
|Up to 6 hours||£8|
|Up to 12 hours||£10|
|More than 12 hours||£20|
Blue Badge holders will be required to pay the full charges for car parking, unless they qualify for the concessionary rates.
Concessionary rates are available for some patients and visitors, (this includes patients attending regular appointments, visitors, parents and carers in the Paediatric Unit and NICU) Please click here for further information.
Arriving motorcycle or cycle:
Kết quả xổ số Tianli miền bắcMotorcycling parking is free for solo motorcycles when parking in the designated motorcycle areas (located in the Lewsey Road car park opposite the Main Entrance and St Mary’s car park). In the event that there is no space available, parking in a regular space/bay will incur the relevant parking charges.
There are a number of bicycle parking facilities across the hospital site.
Arriving by bus:
You can arrive at the hospital via the Luton and Dunstable Busway, both Arriva and Centrebus have routes to the L&D.
Please click here to view the bus routes available.
Arriving by train:
The nearest train station is Leagrave which is approximately 1.5 miles from the hospital and is served by Thameslink.
Luton’s main train station is approximately four miles away in Luton Town Centre.
Please be considerate to others when parking:
- Do not park on yellow lines or hatched areas
- Only park in designated parking bays
- Do not park as to cause obstruction to traffic, remember this is a hospital and emergency vehicles require access 24 hours a day
- Do not park as to cause obstruction to other users of the car park
- Do not park across the entrances of the hospital or pedestrian walkways
- Blue badges must be displayed when parking in disabled bays
Car Parking Enforcement:
Kết quả xổ số Tianli miền bắcThe hospital land is private property and parking is managed and enforced by APCOA Parking (UK) Ltd on the Trust’s behalf. It is essential that our car parks are patrolled to avoid inconsiderate parking and to ensure ease of access by ambulances and other emergency vehicles. A £70 parking charge notice will be applied to vehicles parked inappropriately.
Kết quả xổ số Tianli miền bắcIf you have a query regarding your parking charge please contact:
APCOA Parking (UK) Ltd
PO Box 1010
0845 301 1151
Kết quả xổ số Tianli miền bắcAll Appeals against car parking charges must be submitted directly to APCOA Parking (UK) Ltd within 28 days beginning with the date of the issue of the Parking Charge Notice.Please click here to view our car parking terms and conditions. Please click here to view our hospital site map, including car parking locations.